- The poor student was plucked in his examination ...
- He was fascinated by the founding fathers .
- There was a record playing in the next room .
- His problem began when he was a child .
- The wall was marked with damp in several places .
- His message was not very happily worded .
- The president's look was cold and penetrating .
- It was a very aged, ghostly place .
- It was impossible to associate failure with him ...
- The handle of his hunting knife was neatly carved .
- Of course he was a plain pro-nazi .
- It was built after a european model .
- He was a london boy, with a loutish air .
- Rule was slipping, thought pamela .
- That was a very large and whiskered man .
- By early june, the president was at bay .
- For a long time his fate was in the balance .
- In kenya, taxation was much more moderate .
- That country was drained of its resources .
- He was of no use at all in the business .